What is Simulation ?
Simulation is a powerful tool. With it, you can analyze, design, and operate complex systems. Simulation models are used to assess real-world processes which are too complex to analyze via spreadsheets or flowcharts. It is used for testing hypotheses at a fraction of the cost of undertaking the actual activities. As an efficient communication tool, modeling shows how an operation works and stimulates creative thinking about how to improve it. Models in industry, government, and educational institutions shorten design cycles, reduce costs, and enhance knowledge.
Why Simulation is important ?
Simulation involves designing a model of a system and carrying out experiments on it as it progresses through time. Models enable you to see how a real-world activity will perform under different conditions and test various hypotheses at a fraction of the cost of performing the actual activity.
One of the principal benefits of a model is that you can begin with a simple approximation of a process and gradually refine the model as your understanding of the process improves. This "step-wise refinement" enables you to achieve good approximations of very complex problems surprisingly quickly. As you add refinements, the model more closely imitates the real-life process.
How Simulation Helps To Resolve The Problems in Paper & Pulp Mills
- Process Capability
- Overall Plant Shutdown intervals & duration
- Prediction of Increase in Production
- Lack of understanding on MTBF & MTTR Analysis of each process
- Speed Limit vs Production
- Major focus on Downtime
- Resource Utilization (Raw material & Production Cost)
- Dynamic model
- Reliability: The probability of failure occurring over a specified time interval
- Availability: Items ready to use
- Maintainability: Defines how system can be restored
- Reliability modeling
- Distribution fitting
- Block centric approach
- ExtendSim shows cause and effect of the flow of entities
- Animation to enhance learner comprehension of Production Run.
What Mindssoft does?
- Data Analysis
- Model Creation
- Database creation
- Database connectivity
- Running different cases
- Generating various critical Reports
- Highly automated production modeling interface development
Highly Automated PMI – Production Modeling Interface
The user can enter desired simulation time and modify Aim rate, Surge capacity, Surge indicators, Annual shutdown and Plant Maintenance Outages in production modeling interface.
A unique feature about Production modeling interface is after each simulation, it will automatically generate pulp production report, surge report, process report, bottleneck report and input data for respective simulation inside Reports folder, folder name will be the case name entered during each simulation with report files affixed with time stamp. So, the user can review at any point of time.
- Automated ExtendSim data processing
- Instant reports & charts generation
- Avoid time consuming process in generating reports
- Avoid human error in manual report generation
- History of every simulation – Purpose & Modification
- User doesn’t require ExtendSim Model knowledge
- Easy to compare pre simulation and post simulation results
- Report analysis